Client - SetHostKeyHandler, OnHostKey
[ClientBase] public event HostKeyEventHandler OnHostKey;
- client: FlowSshC_Client pointer.
- handler: A HostKeyHandler function.
- handlerData: An application-defined value to be passed to the handler. Optional.
[C++/.NET] Overrides and Events
- OnHostKey: Informs you about the public-key of the SSH server to which you are trying to connect.
- publicKey: A PublicKey object identifying the SSH server.
Handler Return Value
Return false to reject the public-key (host-key) and disconnect. Return true to accept the key.
The host-key handler is invoked while establishing a connection with the SSH server, at progress [ConnectStep]SshKeyExchange. It is mandatory that you register/implement this handler. Otherwise, server (host-key) verification fails and the connection is aborted.
In FlowSshNet, an alternative to implementing this handler is to call Client.AcceptHostKeyXxxx methods, which initializes a built-in host key handler by providing information about trusted host keys.