Getting started with SSH
For complete beginners, we suggest starting with our introduction to SSH.
If you plan to use SSH for tunneling, we recommend our port forwarding guide.
Bitvise SSH Server Users' Guide
The following sections are part of this guide:
- Installing Bitvise SSH Server
- Upgrading from a previous version
- Starting the SSH server and monitoring activity
- Connecting for the first time
- Opening the SSH server to the internet
- Configuring groups and accounts
- Windows domains
- Network vs. interactive logon
- Setting up public key authentication
- Fine-grained tunneling restrictions
- Using Bitvise SSH Server in a cluster
- Environment variables and expansion
- Scriptable configuration with bsscfg
- Other advanced modes of usage and configuration
- Interpreting log files with MS Log Parser
- Useful resources and utilities
If you run into problems, see also the Bitvise SSH Server Usage FAQ.